Monday, September 12, 2022

Time to move on

Mercedes is equipped, prepared, and set up to my standards for asymmetrical spinnaker racing and cruising, and her keel/hull joint is sound and secure (unlike when she left the Tartan factory).  So, it is kind of crazy that I think about undertaking a new challenge with another boat!  Nevertheless, I feel like I want to experience one more boat before finally being done with sailing.  

I am looking for a sailboat that has a few more creature comforts like wheel steering, roller furling,  self-tailing winches, maybe refrigeration and propane, is practical to sail shorthanded, and is competitive for racing.    

I have decided to advertise Mercedes for sale and hope to find a good home for her with someone who will take care of her like I have.  Here is a personal listing in SailboatListings.com...
https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/97640

Here is an information file with description, specifications, equipment list, and more pictures.  I just reduced the asking price by $5000... 
https://functionalhomesinc.box.com/s/sx2me6os24z4upww35pv0zqav4j0wwqo

If you can, please pass the word should you have any prospective leads for Mercedes.  There is no broker nor broker's fees involved yet, saving me money that I can pass on to a potential buyer.  

Thanks!  - Chris


 

    

3 comments:

  1. Have you made the deal and have a transport plan? Paul Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are still in flux, Paul, as some refurbishment is not yet completed. Should know more in about one week regarding making a Great Lakes voyage either this fall or next spring!

    ReplyDelete